Clean, Care & Store Copper Jewelry
This is how you can clean, care and store copper jewelry:
- Do not wear your copper jewelry when exposed to any kind of chemical
- Copper jewelry pieces require a little more maintenance than other metals as it needs to be cleaned often to ensure It stays shiny for a longer period.
- However it is pretty easy to clean copper jewelry as all you need to do is wash it with lukewarm water and soap. A soft bristle brush can also be used to clean the grime away.
- Interestingly, copper doesn't get spoilt when one take shower while wearing it. As the warm water and soap used for bathing will work as a cleaning agent for it.
- Unfortunately, copper often becomes a target of tarnishing and to avoid that you can soak it in vinegar or lemon for 20 minutes. However strictly do not use this method for the copper jewelry that is set with gemstones, as acidic vinegar or lemon can damage the stone. Please go for professional cleaning in such cases.
- Please ensure your copper jewelry is completely dried up after the cleaning is done, before you store it away, as copper tarnishes when exposed to air & moisture.
- Even the body oils can tarnish copper over the period of time, hence do wipe your copper jewelry thoroughly and regularly.
- Seal it in an air tight bag & store it in a cool & dry place.
- If possible wrap the jewelry in anti tarnish paper before sealing in into a ziplock.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog Posts
Do you ever worry about how you are going to protect your precious and semi-precious gemstone studded jewelry? If yes, then you have landed to the right place as today we'll talk about how to clean, care and store your gemstone jewelry properly.
If you’re a fan of supernatural movies and TV shows, then you’ve probably heard about Talisman. Talismans are believed to work as magic charms, providing strength and some power to the wearer. Although, it cannot be pointed out exactly when and where the origin of these mystical instruments took place, traces of their existence