Mother earth is a big treasure box of natural minerals, gemstones and crystals having their own healing qualities and spiritual meanings. The worldwide fascination with birthstones has been there since times immemorial. The Indians, Russians, Romans, Greek, Egyptians, and Persians are among the ancient civilizations who treasured these gems even thousands of years ago. These gemstones have been not only being used as priced possessions of the royals but also in improving the quality of life to a great extent.
We are aware that this universe is composed of cosmic rays, visible through a prism and reflected as 7 primary colors known as VIBGYOR. Gem therapy uses the same cosmic rays, which represent different planetary energies to get positive results and to derive maximum benefits. Since gemstones are storehouses of cosmic energies, they transmit it when the stone gets in contact with a person’s body. All stones or gems have magnetic powers in varying degrees, and many of them are beneficial to us for their therapeutic cures. They emit vibrations at different frequencies, which have strong potential influence on our whole being.
Astrological birthstones act as stunning charms, which enhance each Sun sign's energy vibration. Not only wearing, but holding, or carrying the stone associated with your Sun sign influences your sun's strength allowing you to feel more vibrant and alive. Additionally, they impact the quality of your life positively in several ways.
Birthstones and zodiac signs provide meaningful personalization to jewelry design. Today the popularity of birthstone jewelry isn't restricted to any region, age or gender.
Based upon a person’s birth month, modern birthstones are believed to possess healing powers. They are supposed to bring good luck and protection to the bearer. However, choosing one is entirely a matter of personal tastes and beliefs.
You must be wondering, Ok this sounds amazing but how do I know which birthstones will enhance my vibrance? No need to worry. We’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list below of birthstones associated with respective zodiac signs.
BIRTHSTONE by Zodiac signs
- ARIES (Mar 21 - Apr 19) - Arians are known to be straightforward and direct. They are fearless and known to forge their way through life in the most unconventional ways. They often seem to have lack of stability in life but known to be the best in everything they undertake or aspire to do. The mighty ‘diamonds’ are always the first choice for the first sign of the zodiac and do great justice in representing their invincible persona. The fire in their belly makes Aries very good leaders. The origin of the name diamond is derived from the Greek word “adamas” which means “hardest metal” reflecting the property of the stone. Diamonds are precious stones with high brilliancy and remarkable colors. The properties of the diamond are also associated with enhancing relationships and increasing inner strength and the qualities of balance, clarity, and abundance.
- TAURUS (Apr 20 - May 20) - They are homebodies and often want to be left alone when not in a mood to socialize. Taureans are fond of luxury and are capable of working tirelessly to provide themselves a comfortable lifestyle.Emerald, the modern birthstone for Tauras, is said to be the most suitable stone for this sign. Since Taureans are known to be passionate and inclined more towards materialism, Emerald brings more insight in their lives and make them more aware of their surroundings instead of their desires. Known as the goddess of gems, emerald has the ability to instill divine qualities through the power and beauty of its ray. Interestingly, in ancient times, the green hue of Emerald was said to be the dewdrops of Venus, the planet that rules Taurus.
- GEMINI (May 21 - Jun 20) - Gemini are street-smart and manipulative in nature. They can multi-task like a boss and make it look very easy. They are productive with a lot of things going on at once but remain fickle-minded. To soothe their restless and shuffling mind, Pearl is the most suitable gemstone for them. Not only it’s supremely beautiful, it has calming properties which mellows down any negativity and hyper-tensions in Geminis’ lives. According to Greek mythology, pearl represents the tears of God while Arabian history says that pearls were formed when moonlight fell on the dewdrops on the ocean floor. True or not, these theories add a certain mystery to Pearl’s aura.
- CANCER (Jun 21 - Jul 22) - It’s probably easiest to spot a Cancerian in a crowd, considering how friendly and humorous they are. They secretly enjoy attention and know all their way to get that. They are genuine, sensitive and have a fragile heart. The can also be quite shy at times, until they warm up. At the same time, they are deeply compassionate and empathetic towards others, which make them quite likable in their peer groups.
Ruby, known as the king of gems is one of the modern birthstone for Cancerians, which gives their love and warmth, yet another dimension. Wearing a ruby also helps in boosting confidence of a shy Cancerian, helping them excel in their professional and personal life.
- LEO (Jul 23 - Aug 22) - This zodiac sign speaks for itself. Leo are extrovert, bold and make their presence felt instantly as they appear. They have an air of royalty about them and like to stay in the limelight. Their most highlighted trait is their loyalty and success- driven attitude. They do well in Arts and education field, thanks to their love for imparting knowledge. Peridot makes for an amazing adornment for Leo infusing more influence and sense of power. This startling color gem has some fascinating origin stories attached to it. Besides erupting out through volcanos, some varieties of this gem are said to have reached the earth from outer space, in meteorites.
- VIRGO (Aug 23 - Sep 22) - Virgo are known to be born perfectionists and their goal is to perform every task with near-perfection. They either don’t take that up or if they do, they give their 100%. They tend to be more of introverts and avoid crowds. They are meticulous, practical and very conscious about their appearance. Virgo take time to open up with people but once they do, they are some great companions. Blue Sapphire is considered to be the ideal gemstone for Virgos as it makes the casual Virgos to be more observant about their surroundings. Sapphire is considered to be the highest light of all blue stones. This gem is a matter from the earth and known to spiritualize, cleanse and heal a person. Sapphire is one of the most desired gemstones in the world & is also available in few other colors. Blue Sapphire stays the most popular one!
- LIBRA (Sep 23 - Oct 22) - Librans are usually on the extreme ends of the spectrum. They are kind, gentle, empathetic and on the other hand, stubborn, argumentative and crass. They are people lovers but dislike crowds. They have a philosophical approach to their lives’ emotions, both joys and sorrows. Librans are artistic and adore all forms of art.Opal is the perfect stone for Libra as it absorbs all the bad aura in the surrounding and helps Librans think rationally instead of philosophically in all matters. Opal’s ability to change color as the light reflects on it, makes it special and Libra’s favorite. The luminous translucence of the Opal symbolizes the fire of sacrifice. It helps the wearer connect to his/her soul in deeper ways. The warm orange tint of the stone signifies the positive qualities of energy, endurance, vitality and power.
- SCORPIO (Oct 23 - Nov 21) - Scorpion persona has a great deal of passion and determination with the dash of vengeance. The intriguing personality loves mystery and prepares for unknown, to be always on the top. Scorpios known to have dual personality of being control freaks with the hidden plethora of emotions. Topaz, with its pleochroic characteristics, makes an ideal stone for the sun sign. It wards off insecurities and brings tranquility. Topaz, originated from the Sanskrit work 'tapas' meaning fire, has a power to calm anger and break spells.
- SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22 - Dec 21) - They are adventurous, extravert and friendly. They are known to have the purest heart but the harshest tone since they don’t like to filter their opinions. They are honest and tactless while speaking and often end up offending people. Once people know them well, their wits and warmth make them popular among their peer groups. Blue Topaz is their gemstone, which promotes harmony & relaxation, helping in effective communication. Blue being the color of calm & comfort, this gemstone is believed to help in directing one's thoughts to enhance concentration & view point. It is also considered a stone that represents eternal friendships and love, making Blue Topaz jewelry a perfect gift to express your loyalty towards a relationship.
- CAPRICORN (Dec 22 - Jan 19) - They are very ambitious and believe in constant self-improvement. As romantic as they are, they take their brains along and don’t let emotions blind them completely. They are rarely into gossips or discussing others’ business. Garnet being the modern birthstone of this sign, is most apt for them as it infuses the right amount of energy they require to cope up with new resolutions and challenges of the new year. The name “garnet” comes from the Latin word “Garanatus,” meaning “seed-like,” in reference to a pomegranate, as they resemble those bright red seeds found inside a pomegranate.
- AQUARIUS (Jan 20 - Feb 18) - They are soft-spoken and kind souls but have a great sense of sarcasm which they unleash once in a while and startle everyone around. They are humorous, independent and don’t pay any heed to people’s judgements. Aquarians are creative thinkers and free-spirited always brimming with ideas and passion. The birthstone for Aquarius is the beautiful Amethyst, which is said to lend a stabilizing effect to the personality and temperament of Aquarius. It also keeps them grounded, calm and practical while taking any extreme decisions. Purple is the color of royalty and wearing jewels in Amethyst lends a regal touch to any attire.
- PISCES (Feb19 - Mar20) - They are not known to be materialistic and only need enough to lead a comfortable life. They see the world through rose colored glasses where everything is hunky dory and nice. They aren’t naïve and are aware how world functions but instead of trying to get into that, they prefer their own peaceful world. Pisces are sensitive and compassionate but can often get lost between the realms of reality and their fantasy world. Aquamarine is apt forPisces because it’s a stone representing the depth and vitality of ocean and Pisces is a water sign itself. Wearing aquamarine helps them bridge the gap and achieve a balance between their real lives and affinity for daydreaming.Compared to similar gems, it has excellent transparency and clarity. Also, because of its toughness and durability, it requires least care making it ideal for use in jewelry and it is available in many interesting cuts and shapes.
No matter what jewelry you pick at the end, the most important thing is that, it should match your style and persona and connect to you in some or the other way. It has been said rightly by some experts: “The best way to assign a stone is to find the one that talks to you.” Whether you prefer certain styles, stones or metals, you should always keep in mind that the jewelry speaks for you.
The beauty and versatility of birthstones make them special gifting options for your spouse, children, friends and relatives. You can surprise your loved ones with alternative, traditional, or zodiac birthstone jewelries. Whether you choose a traditional gem set into a simple pendant, a statement ring featuring a zodiac stone, or a custom piece designed with your jeweler, you can give your loved ones a uniquely personalized gift, they will always treasure.
We at Nirwaana embrace this bond, this feeling. Which is why with our expert craftmanship and knowledge on this subject, we have rolled out the STELLAR collection which comprises of double layered necklaces with a constellation pendant signifying the sun sign and a birthstone pendant strung together.
Click here to order yours now!